click to read more
Toronto Hardwood Refinishing COVID-19 Guidelines
September 13, 2020
- Employees will have their temperature checked before coming into work.
- If employee feels sick, they will stay home.
- Employees will wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Where possible, employees will be wearing gloves when interacting in high touch areas.
- Employee will adhere to washing the work clothes as soon as returning home.
- Keeping the same people on a crew where possible for the duration of the project.
- Every employee will have a safety kit that includes the following: (This kit will always be replenished when the employee runs out)
- Face Mask- Hospital Grade ones
- Face Shield
- Hand sanitizer
- The Project Managers or Shah or Ilia (Pick which one do you want to use) will conduct all conversations on the phone. No in person interaction unless absolutely necessary. All necessary precautions will be taken.
- In case an in-person visit is required before starting the project, the following will be done:
- Will set up an appropriate time with the client, when the tour needs to take place
- The PM will show up in proper PPE, before entering the home. That means wearing mask, gloves and having hand sanitizer on hand at all times.
- In case the client needs to show the PM the areas that need to be worked out; social distancing of 2m will be maintained.
- Once the tour is complete, the PM will leave the house and conduct a phone call with the client to discuss what is required to complete this project.
- Sharing of tools and power tools will be avoided. If sharing is necessary sanitizing tools before use and wearing gloves while touching the tool. Wash/sanitizing hands after using the tool is required.
- All equipment’s will be sanitized before entering the client’s home, and will be sanitized throughout the day.
Work Process Adjustments/Social Distancing
- Staggering Employees start times and end times
- Restricting the number of people on-site and where they are assigned to work
- Controlling site movement (limiting number of individuals that gather in an area)
- Minimize the need for meetings where possible. Conducting them electronically where possible.
- Limiting unnecessary on site between workers
- Minimization of paperwork and the passing of paper between employees.
- Changing work practices so that employees are not standing closer than 2 meters to carry out job functions
- Where employees have no options except to work within 2 meters of each other. Employees may elect to use a respirator equipped with a cartridge.
In event of an employee who contracts COVID-19
- The project will be halted and the following will be notified:
- The Project Manager will investigate and records where the employee who tested positive for COVID-19 worked retroactive to 48 hours before the employee became symptomatic.
- All employees who worked closely with individual will all self-quarantine for 14 days
- After quarantining, the individuals will have to take a covid test before returning to work.
- If Positive; the individual will seek further treatment and will not return until the doctor declares it’s safe.
- If Negative: the employee will return to work and follow
- All employees who worked on this project, will be replaced with other employees, to ensure the project is complete.